The business world is more “global” than ever, frontiers are virtual, and call for a similar shift in mindsets. Take advantage of the pre-vacation lull in activity to develop your intercultural knowledge and skills. 2 days in inter-company training to discover and learn.
- Discover cultural differences and become aware of their impact on professional relationships
- Adapt your management and communication according to your cultural context
- Identify and anticipate misunderstandings and sources of potential conflict which stem from cultural differences
- Acquire a “toolbox’ for intercultural management, and master new techniques
Cultural differences : what is it all about?
- Distinguish between individual, organisational and national cultural differences
- The influence of cultural dimensions on management styles.
Decoding cultures : differentiating dimensions and ground rules to work together effectively in an intercultural context.
- Sources of motivation
- The dimensions :
- Management of time and space
- Risk-taking and attitude to change
- Communication context
- Hierarchical distance
- Expressing emotions
Communicating effectively in an intercultural context
- The pillars of communication – the importance of non-verbal
- Adapting your communication style : techniques and behaviours to
- …facilitate and take part in meetings
- …give feedback
- …communicate at a distance ( mail/telephone/visio)
Managing difficult situations and conflict-sources
- Recognizing damaging stereotypes across cultures
- Managing risks
- Practical tips ( codes/protocol/tabous/use of humour)